Monday, March 22, 2010

Strange Dream



Body
Nose and Size
Images taken from google.

While I was sleeping this morning, I dreamt a great epic (as I usually do when I dream).

Unfortunately, much like a life, one only remembers the bits an pieces that stand out.

I followed my art history teacher through the canyons and the desert on all fours, running like a coyote. When we crested a hill, she looked back at me as though she was surprised at me keeping up.

We reached a strange, alien-looking abandoned knoll of cement buildings, all husked out, grey skeletons in the sky. nestled in the base of all that was a pool, but sand was all around it so it looked more like an oasis. Inside the pool was this strange, massive, long fish. It looked like a pike with a bristle brush for a nose. I'm afraid of big fish, so I sat outside the pool, but my teacher jumped in and started digging in the sand under the water.

Suddenly this other huge fish emerges, and my stomach drops to my feet because it is so much bigger than the other fish. It doesn't hurt my teacher though, it just lazily shakes itself free of the sand and swims around her.

I turn back around and the city isn't dead anymore. It looks like Maspeth is cuddling the edges of the concrete towers, buildings hugging the sides of each other, and people hanging out on stoops and just looking at this strange scene. I hear cats. I step into one of the concrete forms, now fleshed out and glassy.

I climb into one of the elevators. I think Joe was there. And another girl from my class.The elevator goes up, but then somehow the floor is gone. I help the other girl up to the floor that I'm clinging to, she looks like she would've tumbled into the abyss if I hadn't. The elevators have crumbled away, but somehow the inside of the floor we've reached looks very decadent and victorian. There are lots of people there that I know, but now I can't remember. I think it is my class. I'm scared. I wake up.

1 comment: