Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Avalanche of Love

Evolutionary Novelty.
Is our love
an evolution?
Through ages of beings
Holding each other in the black
Ape hands laced together
For the first time
Stars shining in the dark eyes of our ancestors
Young chimps climbing trees and dreaming of that strangeness
Growing up into our time
Is the collapsing warmth brewing in my chest
Descendant from another era?
Millenia ago, did hominins lock lips and arms and hands in the dark
Just like we do?

**

Looking in your eyes, I believe that you love me as much as you say.

**

Anchor

I'm tying down memories to you
Anchoring simple things
(Dogs barking
Mac and Cheese
Sweaters
The cold)
Firmly to your hand
Replacing all my past pain
With the way my fingers stretch
Trying to cup your palm
The way my nails feel
Dragging over your back
The way my heart feels
When I try to say
How much I love you.

**

Pinned

You are the pin that fixes my spinning world
A hand hold on a mountain face
An island in a sea of blank faces
If I can hold you
The waves don't feel as hard
If I can whisper my fears
Into the shell of your ear
Than maybe you can filter out
All the poison inside me
Let the putrid oil of pain leak out
Refresh my inner workings with the clean wash
Of your love
You can take me apart
See all my pieces
Put them back together
Around you.
**

Integrated Systems

My skin burns
Feels you across stretches of road
My flesh pulled over that distance
My veins plugged into your heart like powerlines
And yours into mine
Together
Lightening strikes us
Fuses us

Like this
Even apart
We cannot become disentangled

I feel your fingers in mine always
My hair against your face
Your arms around me
Lips always connected
Speaking into each others minds
Our dreams and wishes
Memories
Forge them into one past
So we can make
One future.


No comments:

Post a Comment