Tuesday, October 26, 2010

another poetry bomb


I am an emotional blockage
A crushed block of scrap metal
Waiting for the thick crunch of a shutter to release me

I feel myself pressing eagerly against floodgates
Yet terrified;
What if, behind that wall, there is nothing?

Could I be that could steel wall in itself?
My rusted spots crusting up under someone's fingernails
Inching deep down into the soft skin I once had

I am the feeling of looking down
Dizzying heights with water and rock below
No gentle arms can catch me from these heights

Is there truly only emptiness in the in between?
Lacking even the sweet caress of wind
As we make the final plummet

We have but to trust our eyelids to be our wings
Our lashes must flutter closed
Our lungs empty

Before we hit the ground

______________


I'm in love with the moon in the day
With the way the sun moves across your face
The sound of your voice is like birds in the sky
It draws my attention to things upon high

I'm in love with the stars in your smile;
How you hold my hand, I feel like a child
From inside your arms everything's tame
And the woes of the world might as well be a game

I'm in love with the caress of your palm
It fills up my heart with the deepest felt calm
You've saved me from searching through Love's muddy trenches
So we might sit with each other on much safer benches

__________________________________

We stalk together
through the forest
Two deer
testing the depth of the leaves
the height of the ferns
the stretch of our legs
as we jump.

We fly together
amidst the grass
Two birds
letting cool breezes
mingle our feathers
As we tease each other to new heights.

__________________

Each time I draw in a breath
I inhale the water of our love
It floods my nostrils
Passes through my mouth
Over my tongue
Love for you bloats my lungs
Blossoms through my capillaries
It latches onto my blood
Fills my heart
Holds it in that fluid grip
Floating in your sea of Love
I am saturated
Immersed in Happiness
Every drifting strand of my hair
Flutters contentedly amidst its waves.






No comments:

Post a Comment