Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dreams of Shrines

I am walking down a hallway in the house that I have never been down before. It is creaky and dusty. I open a red wood door. the roof is slanted, there are cobwebs dusting down from the ceiling. My perception of time slows to a crawl. I see a rat trap. A rat walks over it a few times, sniffing, not touching the trigger. At the last second, his toe brushes against the right spot and his neck is trapped inside. I look up and away, trying to escape the sight briefly. My grandfather's name is on the wall. The rest of the room is dark and unused. This area is bright and well kept. His name is hung from those strings you can get that usually say "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations". There are some objects on a low shelf against the wall. I think one of them is a box, but I can't remember what the other things are. I begin to clean the rest of the room. When I look up from my broom, I am cleaning something much bigger. I can't remember what happened after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment